NBC Connecticut has released a video about a two-vehicle crash that killed two children and injured their parents and brother. You can see a link below to that video. A man has been arrested after he allegedly ran away from the scene of the accident. That same man allegedly caused the accident by striking the victims’ car when the victims were stopped at the light located at the intersection of Broad Street and Gale Avenue. Police took a blood sample and are running toxicology tests to determine whether the suspect was driving drunk.
Date: Sunday, November 3, 2013
Time: About 2 in the morning
City / County / State: Meriden, Connecticut
1. Tatiana Cruz was 5 years old.
2. Lorenzo Cruz was 8 years old.
Both of these kids attended Israel Putnam Elementary School.
1. Suspect Israel Gonzalez, who is 29 and from Meriden, sustained minor injuries.
2. Alejandro Schroder is 12. He is in critical condition. Alejandro attends Washington Middle School. He is the half brother of Tatiana and Lorenzo, Gina’s son, and Michael’s stepson.
3. Father Michael Cruz has been released from the hospital.
4. Mom Gina Schroder was seriously injured and still in the hospital.
Gonzalez is already charged with reckless driving, felony evading responsibility, and driving without a license. Further charges will depend, at least in part, on the results of the blood-alcohol test.
NBC Connecticut Video
Latest Connecticut Crash Article on WritingShares.com:
Crash Video Files: Southbury, Connecticut: Rebecca Karlak Killed In 2-Vehicle Accident On Route 67; David J. Serra Injured
To check out crash videos from this state, click on “Connecticut news” in the tags below.