The following video is from Jimmy Kimmel Live’s YouTube account. This segment has a skit called “Target Demo – Emmy Predictions.” It aired on the Wednesday, September 18, 2013 episode.
This coming Sunday has the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. That’s when TV makes love to itself.
The Emmy Awards are the most anticipated show on Sunday, except for Sunday Night Football, Breaking Bad, and Dexter.
Jimmy Kimmel’s show is nominated for 3 Emmys, including Most Improved.
Matt Damon is nominated for an award. If he wins, Jimmy is going to pull a Kanye West.
The idea is to ask certain demographic groups for Emmy predictions.
1. The first guy fits in the demographic of people who look like Mark McGwire if he did sausage instead of steroids. He was asked about Jon Hamm’s chances of winning an Emmy. The guy said he had no idea.
2. The next woman’s demo is those who have the courage to rock a Rachel hairdo in 2013. When asked who is going to kill it on the red carpet, she says “Jennifer Aniston.”
3. The next demo is guys who shot their television when Obama was elected. He said they’re not going to watch the Emmys. They don’t have anything to watch it on.
4. The next guy’s demo is people who just got into a fight for half a Hot Pocket. He is asked about The Good Wife getting snubbed this year. The guy said The Good Wife is a sitcom that he watches. It’s devastating.
5. The next guy is Todd from Breaking Bad’s Nazi uncle.
6. The next man is the Gangnam Style guy if he opened a bed and breakfast in Santa Fe and modeled his hair after Miley Cyrus. He is asked about Lena Dunham’s chances at the Emmys.
7. The next guy and girl are Disney child stars who never really became successful but are club promoters in San Jose. They are asked about American Horror Story getting so many nominations.
8. The next man is the “forget about it” guy. It doesn’t matter what he is asked. He is going to give to say “fuggedaboutit.”
9. The next group is the Black Eyed Peas cover band, Side Of Rice. They are asked about The Amazing Race.
10. The next guy is in the demo of people who are in children’s nightmares and horror movies. He has no idea about Bob Newhart. He is also the guy who had his face melted off in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Asked about violence in Breaking Bad, he again said, “I have no idea.”
11. The next two could be spouses or father and daughter or mom and son. They have never seen Tina Fey’s show.
12. The next woman is Grimace’s great great grandmother. She is asked about Season 2 of Homeland. The guy doing the interview then used his finger to wipe lipstick off the lady’s face. The woman has never heard of Homeland.
YouTube Ratings And Statistics:
About 18 hours after this clip was uploaded to YouTube, it showed 19,048 views and had a pretty good user rating of 418 Likes and 32 Dislikes.
Jimmy Kimmel’s YouTube Skit – “Target Demo – Emmy Predictions” (September 18, 2013)