There were actually two accidents involved here. This is mainly about what caused the second one.
A crash first happened on southbound 405. A driver in a Ford Fusion stopped in the northbound slow lane to help. The second vehicle, an F-250 pickup, managed to stop and avoid hitting the Fusion. It is not clear why the pickup driver didn’t just drive around the Fusion. But then, the man who was killed struck the pickup with his Mustang. The pickup was propelled into the Fusion, and a Mercedes hit the victim’s Mustang.
Date: Friday, December 20, 2013
Time: Around 6:30 in the morning
City / County / State: Sherman Oaks, California (part of Los Angeles)
Address: 405 Freeway
1. Trini Goeoy was 65 years old and from Long Beach, California. He was driving the Mustang.
1. Goeoy’s female passenger sustained minor injuries.
2. A 58-year-old man from Los Angeles sustained minor injuries. He was the driver of the Ford F-250 pickup.
Others Not Injured:
1. The driver of the Ford Fusion was a 25-year-old man from Simi Valley, California.
2. The driver of the Mercedes was a 38-year-old man from L.A.
See first two paragraphs above.
There was no mention of any criminal charges in the report linked to below.
Latest California Crash Article on WritingShares.com:
Crash Video Files: Corona, California: Khang Tieu Killed In I-15 Accident Of Tour Bus Coming From Casino; Around 24 Injured
To check out crash videos from this state, click on “California news” in the tags below.