Two vehicles were involved in this crash. One teen girl was killed, and 4 other occupants of the pickup truck she was riding in as a passenger were all injured. In addition, the driver and passenger in the 2nd vehicle were injured.
Date: Sunday, December 29, 2013
Time: About 10 in the morning
City / County / State: Peoria, Illinois
Address: Interstate 74
1. Teenager Brooklyn Hope Armstrong was a 16-year-old student at Carlinville High School. She was a sophomore.
Victims From Pickup Truck Injured:
Note that all 4 of these victims were seriously injured, and they are all from Carlinville, Illinois.
1. Driver Kevin R. Kiehna is 51.
2. An unidentified 15-year-old teen also sustained injuries.
3. Tiffany B. Kiehna is 22.
4. Dylan Kiehna is 22.
Victims From Other Vehicle Injured:
1. James M. Spurgeon is 69 and from Princeville, Illinois. He sustained minor injuries.
2. Judith A. Spurgeon is also from Princeville. This 64-year-old had only minor injuries.
Police think that Kevin R. Kiehna lost control on the icy and slippery road. He then collided with the Spurgeons’ vehicle.
Kiehna received some traffic tickets for driving too fast for the conditions, failing to secure the 15-year-old teen in a seat belt, and personally failing to use a seat belt. But he was not criminally charged at the time of writing.
Latest Illinois Crash Article on WritingShares.com:
Crash Video Files: Oswego, Kendall County, Illinois: Jarred X. Harrell Killed In 2-Car Accident On Route 30; Janella Harrell And Stephen P. Pierce Injured
To check out crash videos from this state, click on “Illinois news” in the tags below.