When you make phone calls to and from American Samoa, you must enter specific international dialing codes. American Samoa dialing codes include an exit code and a separate country code. When you dial American Samoa, you must use the exit code of the country where you are making the call and the American Samoa country code. Conversely, when you dial from American Samoa, you must use the American Samoa exit code and the country code of the place receiving your international phone call.
Use the following American Samoa phone codes:
1. Look up the exit code of your own country if you want to dial to American Samoa. If your phone has a “+” symbol, you can use that “+” symbol (it takes the place of the exit code). The HowToCallAbroad.com website has a list of American Samoa dialing codes and international codes for other countries.
2. Use the “011” exit code when you call from American Samoa to another country. Refer to the instructions below for additional details.
3. Use the “1” country code when you dial American Samoa. This connects you to the national phone lines inside the country of American Samoa. Note that both the exit and country codes are American dialing codes. There is no difference between the US and American Samoa dialing codes.
4. Look up the code for the receiving country if dialing from American Samoa. Just as there are special American Samoa country codes, every country has separate codes for international calls.
5. Use “1” in front of the area code and phone number when you make a domestic call in American Samoa. This trunk code is part of the American Samoa dialing codes (same as the American trunk code) that is not used in international calls. Therefore, never include this “1” trunk code when making an international phone call to American Samoa.
International Dialing Instructions:
Always dial the exit code first and then follow it with the country code of the receiving country. For example, dial “00” and the American Samoa country code when dialing American Samoa from the UK. But you would dial “011” and then the country code of the other nation when you dial from American Samoa.
After dialing the exit code and country code, dial the same area code and phone number you would use to make a domestic call. However, do not include the American Samoa trunk code when completing the international dialing sequence.
Examples of Complete Phone Numbers with American Samoa Phone Codes:
1. Call From the UK to American Samoa — 00-1-123-456-4567
2. Call From American Samoa to a Different Country — 011-country code of receiving country-123-456-4567