Dialing an international call from Austria requires the use of special international calling codes. Austria dialing codes include an assigned exit code and country code. When dialing Austria, callers must use their country’s exit code plus the country code assigned to Austria. However, when a caller dials from Austria, he must first use the Austria exit code and then the receiving country’s special country code.
Use the following Austria phone codes:
1. Find your country’s exit code to begin the process of dialing Austria. If your phone has a “+” symbol, you can use that symbol for connecting to the international network. The HowToCallAbroad.com website has a list of Austria dialing codes and a list of other codes for international dialing.
2. Use the “00” exit code when making an international phone call from Austria. Refer to the instructions below for further details.
3. Use the “43” country code when you make a call to Austria. This connects you to the Austria phone system.
4. Find the country code for the country receiving a phone call when you initiate a call from Austria. Just as there are specified Austria country codes, every country in the world has its own calling codes for international dialing purposes.
5. Use “0” in front of the area code and phone number when dialing a domestic phone in Austria. This trunk code is part of the Austria dialing codes that is not used with the international dialing system. Therefore, you should never include this trunk code of “0” when dialing international calls to the country of Austria.
International Dialing Instructions:
Always start the exit code and then punch in the country code for the other country. For example, you must dial “00” and then add the Austria country code when you dial Austria from the UK. But you would have to dial “00” plus the other country’s country code if you are entering a number from Austria.
After dialing the exit and country code, dial the area code and phone number that you would regularly use for Austria domestic dialing. However, take care to never include the Austria trunk code when completing an international call to Austria.
Examples of Complete Phone Numbers with Austria Phone Codes:
1. Call From the UK to Austria — 00–43-456-4567
2. Call From Austria to Another Country — 00-country code of receiving country-123-456-4567