The following is an MSNBC weather video that serves as an update for Tropical Storm Debby. It aired on June 26, 2012, on the News Nation With Tamryn Hall show. Mike Seidel is a Weather Channel reporter who is on scene to give a report from Cedar Key, Florida.
Here are the key facts from this video:
1. The state of Florida is in a Level 1 state of emergency.
2. Cedar Key is still experiencing high winds of up to 40 mph.
3. There is some good news. Tropical Storm Debby is finally accelerating and moving towards the east-northeast. This means the storm may exit Florida in the east faster than previously anticipated.
4. 2,000 people have been evacuated statewide.
5. A portion of the I-10 highway has been closed down.
6. Some areas have experienced up to 28 inches of rain.
7. According to Seidel, Tropical Storm Debby is now projected to go out to sea in about a day and a half.
It says rain is falling up to 5 inches an hour in some places. That is not correctly stated. It has dumped rain up to 5 inches in a single hour, NOT 5 inches an hour. The way they worded it is misleading.