2 girls (one teen) from Arkansas were killed in this 3-vehicle crash. 4 other victims from the same car were injured. In all, 5 members of the Boxx family were either killed or sustained injuries. The other victim was with them and was also from Arkansas. The drivers of the other two vehicles were not injured.
Date: Thursday, December 26, 2013
Time: 2:45 in the afternoon
City / County / State: Pineville, McDonald County, Missouri
Address: Interstate 49
Note: The report also said this was on U.S. 71. I-49 overlaps U.S. 71 in the Pineville area.
1. Bethany J. Boxx was 20 and from Bentonville, Arkansas.
Note: All of the Boxx family members mentioned here are also from Bentonville.
2. Teen Katelyn M. Boxx was 16 years old.
1. Driver David L. Boxx is 51 and sustained moderate injuries.
2. Teen Gracen V. Boxx is 18. She has serious injuries.
3. Janet M. Boxx is 50. She suffered minor injuries.
4. O’Rane G. Williams is a 21-year-old male from Conway, Arkansas. He suffered moderate injuries.
1. Roger D. Wilson is 47 and from Muldrow, Oklahoma.
2. Teenager Troy C. Robins is 19 and from Pineville.
The Highway Patrol says that Robins changed lanes, which resulted in Wilson striking his rear end. This caused Robins to lose control. His vehicle went across to the other side of the road and collided with the Boxx vehicle. The Boxx vehicle overturned.
No one has been charged at this time.
Latest Missouri Crash Article on WritingShares.com:
To check out crash videos from this state, click on “Missouri news” in the tags below.