The following CNN animal news video is about Caroline Vaughan, her Yorkie dog, and a copperhead rattlesnake. The video was uploaded to the CNN website on August 8, 2012. The original source for this story is WVEC.
Lily is a very loyal pet. This Yorkie dog went to the rescue when Vaughan was struck by a copperhead rattlesnake. Lily was also bitten in the process. Her face swelled up, but she survived the attack.
Before doggie came to the rescue, the copperhead got Caroline in the heel. She said it was painful and even worse than having a baby for her. Her leg swelled up from the calf down.
Lily bit the snake, keeping it there so they could identify what it was. Caroline got treated in the emergency room, and Lily was off to the vet. Both are recovering nicely.