Dialing an international call from Chile requires the caller to dial special international calling codes. Chile dialing codes include both an assigned exit code and country code. When dialing Chile, callers must use their own country’s exit code plus the country code used by Chile. However, when a caller dials from Chile, he must first use the Chile exit code before punching in the other country’s special country code.
Use the following Chile phone codes:
1. Find your country’s exit code to begin the process of dialing Chile. If your phone has a “+” symbol, you can use that symbol for connecting to the international phone network. The HowToCallAbroad.com website has a list of Chile dialing codes and the list of dialing codes for other countries.
2. Use the “00” exit code when dialing an international call from Chile. Refer to the instructions below for more details on making international calls.
3. Use the “56” country code when you make a call to Chile. This connects you to the Chile phone lines.
4. Find the country code for the other country when you initiate a call from Chile. Just as there are specified Chile country codes, every country in the world has its own dialing codes for international dialing purposes.
5. Use “0” in front of the area code and phone number when entering a domestic phone number in Chile. This trunk code is part of the Chile dialing codes that is not used with the international network. Therefore, you should never fail to exclude this trunk code of “0” when dialing international calls to the country of Chile.
International Dialing Instructions:
Always start the exit code and then enter the country code for the other country. For example, you must dial “00” and then punch in the Chile country code when you dial Chile from the UK. But you would have to dial “00” plus the other country’s country code if you are dialing a number from Chile.
After dialing the exit and country code, dial the area code and phone number that you would normally dial for Chile domestic dialing. However, take care to avoid using the Chile trunk code when completing an international call to Chile.
Examples of Complete Phone Numbers with Chile Phone Codes:
1. Call From the UK to Chile — 00-56-123-456-4567
2. Call From Chile to Another Country — 00-country code of receiving country-123-456-4567